Control Arms - 1999-A6; 2.8

I'm having problems with my control arms on my car. Are there 2 control arms on each side (upper/lower ??). Anyway my left side "clanks" pretty
badly. I have 86,000 on my unit; How should I proceed to fix this situation? Fix just two left components or fix all four left and right? Any advice helpful..

situation?
You might as well change them all, there is a decently priced set at one of the online German car suppliers, it'll probably be cheaper than two individual control arms. And besides, with eight (yes eight) control arms in the front, there's alot to go wrong, it's a common problem. (not too sure about the A6's, but sure about the A4's).
Romy
I changed one side, and only the upper ones (2 arms) and it is fine

situation?