Convenience lighting?

I'm new to this group so please bear with this probably inane question. I just purchased an '04 S4 Avant and have been reading the owner's manual which states that driving lights (fog + sidelights) automatically come on
when light switch is on "O" position. I think I've read enough to understand that this is a convenience group option and is standard in Canada but not the US (where I am) It seems that this could be changed using VAG-COM connector -- right? If so, do I need to also purchase a Bentley manual so I can know what to do and where? My local Audi dealer has flat out told me it can't be done.
Many thanks,
Ray CT, USA
Ray wrote:

Getting a Bentley manual is a very good idea in any case.
The question of setting the light mode can probably be found in the VAG-COM WIKI forum. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Main_Page

if dealer says it can't be done when he could make some dollars out of it doing it for you then I might believe him.......don't forget he no doubt will have the gear to change the onboard software settings.
you have purchase the VAG-COM cable and software and then to find it can't be done is rather foolish..........