Convertible Top Stopped working

I had a chair in my back seat and I could get it out of the car so being blonde I put the top down, half way down it just stopped. It got stuck on one
of the chair legs. I got the chair out. I read the manual. Got the key and manullay put the top up. Not an easy job by the way !! Now the dash board warning light says "soft top not secure" and it beeps about every 3 minutes. I don't have a lot of money so can anyone tell be what to do next ?

I'm not sure there are any Cabriolet owners here. What happens when you try and out the top down, using the switch? Is there any noise at all? I am guessing that there is a relay or fuse that may have tripped or burned out, a protection against burning out the motor. Take a look at the chart for the fuses in the Owner's manual. If there is a fuse for the top, a quick test would be to replace it with another fuse and see if the top then works.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA
Dano58 wrote:

Dano58 wrote:

What car do you drive? Model, Engine size, is it a quattro?
--
1move