Corvette losing to an Audi?

The tuperware eternity living cars are not ignored cause if they would be, you wouldn't waste your time visiting other new groups...

Reply to
Black Bomb

Get a clue! Try looking at the newsgroups to which this drivel is being posted. I, for one, would never dream of going near a Corvette group!

Reply to
Peter Bell

You stood right in the middle of it!

Tip: Check the header before you click the post button.

Regards, "Mike"

-- mikeellison3xxxatzzzyahoo.com --

Reply to
Mike

There's always one.. and here's another ;o)

If you want to enter into a /genuine/ debate, then define your version of "performance", and then try to justify it.

If you are supporting rampant crossposting (despite apparently arguing against it), then ditto.

Personally, I'd prefer that "car-talk" won out ;o)

H1K (on his first Audi, not had a 'Vette [but a Jensen Interceptor S3 was more fun to ride in]; I'd be happy to provide the a rough list of cars that I have owned, but only if extremely provoked ;o)

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

Really?

Yes - so it was (and is), intentionally, cross-posted, if it hadn't been you might not have seen it. Still doesn't mean that I subscribe to, or read, a Corvette group. Or was there something alse about the headers which you wished to point out?

Perhaps the fact that your newsreader is broken and loses all the continuation lines beyond a newline in the references header?

Reply to
Peter Bell

I've said the exact same thing to many a NG participant before. Sadly, they rarely ever take this advice. They continue to read everything that gets posted in order to find something to argue over. Given, it would have been B.S. if an Audi fan had gone trolling on the Vette' NG, but I started writing to this thread after it had crossed over to this board.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Actually, I like a number of different types of cars, and don't mind the comparisons. What I don't like is brand bashing. I think you can point out the difference between Quattro drive, and rear wheel drive, or a turbocharged engine vs. a naturally aspirated engine, etc. and it can be pretty interesting.

alt.autos.corvette,

Reply to
REInvestments

JMHO All vehicles have their position in the realm of things. Different people like different things, and that is what makes most different.

I always wanted the Corvette since I was a little kid. I LOVE AUDIS AND VOLKSWAGENS! I also like Jeeps and Porsches! I would not drive my "prized" sports car everyday like I would my Audi 4000s and I drive only my Jeeps in bad Chicago winters! :-)

I do remember some of the comparison tests between an 85 Audi Fox and an 80's Corvette. I might still have the articles. Corvette was faster in the straight-a-way but the Fox was faster in the slalom course. Major modification had to be done to the Corvette in order for it to "barely" beat the stock Fox in the slalom course. And it only won by 1-2 miles per hour after the major mods. Reportedly the Corvette was re-engineered in the 90s and it became more of a "winner" in the slalom.

They are all good and have their niche in the automotive world!! With proper maintenance any vehicle could last! I have owned Fiats, Datsuns (now Nissans), Camaros, Firebirds, Peugeots, International Scouts, Kit-Cars, and I forget some of the rest. They were all fun and all different. I find it hard to say that one was better than another in EVERY aspect! And I have worked on almost all brands of vehicles. Heck I even owned a Vega, and I believe that was considered the "Disposable Car" (drive for 2-3 years and throw it away). lol

Again JMHO Happy Holidays to All! later, dave Current Fleet and I enjoy driving any of them!

70 Beetle 83 Audi 4KS (221K miles) going strong 91 Passat auto 82 Jeep Wagoneer Limited 360V8 auto 88 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 auto 88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 360V8 auto parents 85 Audi 5KS 88 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4.0 auto later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris
Reply to
dave

Snopes/urban legends sites shouldn't have this one because it was true. IIRC, it was right around 1965-'67 Chevy models with the V8. I knew of a case in my home town where this happened to an unfortunate woman who didn't have the presence of mind to either switch off the ignition or to hit the brakes and drove off

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Well this thread went into the better/worse flame fest pretty fast after the insecure crowd such as "Black Bomb" came in to have a hissy about anyone daring to say anything about the Corvette.

If you go back to my *original* post I clearly state that I know for most every day contests, putting a stock Corvette against a stock Audi (whatever model,) the Vette will win. There are exceptions of course such as the current RS 6 but at double the cost of the Vette, it better be faster. You could also make a Yugo run faster than a Vette but why the hell would you want to in the first place?

The video was interesting and funny at the same time. Most people saw it for what it was, a joke... some people need to lighten up big time.

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

Since you are a top-poster, I am not surprised that you don't understand what crossposting is. I visit the Audi group. I do not visit the Corvette group. Doing so would be a waste of my time, since I am not interested at all in them.

OK, maybe a split-window, but that would be it.

Eternity? Yeah, right. LOL.

-- Jonesy

Reply to
Jonesy

I prefer to read posts from people that "top post". They're easier to read instead of continual scrolling. If you can't follow the order, you're too dumb to be driving a car in the first place. Ever wonder why most email programs default to "top posting"?

Reply to
Diode

I totally understand your saying, but posting an add in both groups with a title such as "corvette loosing to an audi" isn't a joke to me so yes it may be an issue here. Then again, what goes around comes around so I know that one day the subject title will be reversed and I'll just sit back and watch my own show.

Reply to
Black Bomb

An ad? What exactly was I to gain by posting an "ad" if it was that? Do you have *ANY* concept on how Usenet works?

As for the comes around thing, well you hurry up and waste no time showing how much of a man you are and tape yourself beating a Audi then showing your "ad" here. I for one would enjoy it. Unlike you I don't need to be reassured time and time again that what I own or don't own is the best...

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

I'm willing to see if he meant LT1 or LT4, he had the HP right.

As for rust, obviously you don't have a clue about Audi's either. Though never a major problem all Audi's since 1986 had fully galvanized bodies, making rust pretty much non-factor no matter where you live. No rust and they don't creak and rattle like the Corvette's over time.

Anything else you care to whine about? People like what they like. Why are you so defensive? The Vette may be a great ride but it is not without its own problems....

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '03 Audi S6 Avant '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

In article , Just Taylor writes

They even go round corners!

Reply to
Toby Groves

I didn't say or ask anything about rust on Audi's, I only corrected the mistake because it is a pretty big one.

Reply to
Black Bomb

I won't reassure time, it will just happen on it's own.

Reply to
Black Bomb

I just stated my opinion about a good point of the Corvette having a much longer life than an Audi but I may have sized up the issue and hell broke loose & 1 thing lead to many others. What can I tell you, we each have our own opinions on cars...

By the way I really like the Cherokee Sport. It's a cool model & the 4 litre engine is undestructible. Just my opinion.

Reply to
Black Bomb
[Top-post corrected]

Of course you do. Since that's the way you do it, it must be right. Or, because you always read things bottom-to-top, back-to-front, right-to-left. Or, because your POS newsreader does it that way, that's the way it should be done.

Well-trimmed posts (something that top-posters seem to ignore as a matter of course) don't need a lot of scrolling.

LOL. Yeah, especially when you get folks who both top-post and post correctly in the same thread. Top-posters are lazy and inconsiderate.

Here are some references, just for the heck of it:

(mind the line wrap)

Notice that this subject is well-discussed, and that about 95% of the comments are critical of top-posting in USENET. Notice that most folks think that it's OK in e-mail. E-mail and USENET are not the same thing.

It's funny, the only folks who seem to defend top-posting are top-posters. ANd their arguments always center around what is best for *them.* Lazy and selfish - top-posting screams, "My words are the most important! Look at me!"

"Most" don't. MS Outhouse and it's variants do that, but that doesn't make it right. In addition, USENET is not e-mail. Real newsreaders default to properly post. Hint: it ain't the top.

-- Jonesy

Reply to
Jonesy