Crazy Car Alarm '99.5 A4 1.8T

Anybody aware of an alternate location for a switch to turn off the theft alarm internal sensor? My manual says such a switch exists in the doorwell,
in case you keep pets in the car or something. But my 99.5 A4 1.8T does not have a switch where the manual says there should be.
The alarm goes off sometimes after locking up, especially on hot days (the dash materials expand/contract slightly with temperature variations and trigger the alarm).
Thanks

I don't think it's in the door well proper, I think it's at the bottom of the B-pillar. I have the same switch on my S4, it wasn't easily found and in fact I can't remember exactly where I did find it (and the damned Bentley CD says the location is found via the owner's manual - which is outside right now)...

Found it again on the morning commute - it actually is right there in the open on the lower B pillar about 12" above the carpet.
If I recall correctly you have to press the button each time you want to lock up the car to disable the internal motion sensors - it's not persistent beyond one lock-unlock cycle...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Found it! I was looking more in the doorwell itself and the button is actually on the inside of the car. I've had this car over 5 years and never knew that button was there! ; ) Thanks, again.

We had the same problem on an A3 and the dealer suggested closing all air vents on the dash in hot weather as air movement could cause the alarm to trigger.

While we're on the subject of factory alarms - should the alarm go off if you hit the car - i.e. hit the windshield hard with your fist or jump on the hood? :-)
I know this is different from the inside motion sensor that's a subject of this thread, but I was wondering if the OEM alarm ('01 A4 1.8TQ) has these outside motion sensors, too. Mine certainly doesn't react to any kind of movement or shaking generated from the outside.
Cheers,
Pete
"Pete" wrote

Nevermind. I think I found my answer. There's no outside shock sensor in the factory alarm.
Cheers,
Pete
Uytkownik "Dan" wrote

As daytripper mentioned, the button is located on the bottom of the left b-pillar - the one between the driver's and rear passenger's doors. However, I find it hard to believe that expanding/contracting dash materials cause the alarm to go off. LOL!
Nonetheless, the motion sensor itself may be faulty causing the alarm to go off for no reason so disabling it with the b-pillar button may in fact take care of that.
Cheers,
Pete

Believe it or not that's what the dealer told me a couple of years ago. They adjusted the sensitivity of the alarm and it went away for a while. But it came back recently.
Now that I've found the switch, I'll just try it for awhile when it's hot and sunny outside - it's funny, but that's when it seems to happen. Nothing like coming out of the store to find your car blaring at you like a dog that's glad you're home! ;)

a failing Motion CU, 250, because both left and right sensors were giving spurious signal. However I bought a VAG-COM package and isolated the problem to one sensor and managed to find a spare on eBay. You will probably find, as I did, that if you re-plug the cable to the sensor the fault goes away for a while. If you look at the flashing led on the door you can see the failure. The led lights solidly after a second or twos flashing. This is described in the handbook. Rgds Alec