cupholder

Hello! I suppose this is trivial, but does anyone have any info on how to unstick a dash cupholder in a 2000 A4? (It's stuck closed.) Actually, I'm trying to get the car in top shape to sell when my 2004 s4 arrives, hopefully in October. Thanks, Barry

Reply to
Barry Glaser

Hello! I suppose this is trivial, but does anyone have any info on how to unstick a dash cupholder in a 2000 A4? (It's stuck closed.) Actually, I'm trying to get the car in top shape to sell when my 2004 s4 arrives, hopefully in October. Thanks, Barry

Reply to
Barry Glaser

Mine was the same, I pryed it open with a penny, and it seems to work fine now. Maybe spray some WD-40 or similar on all the pivots.

-- Matt

Reply to
snoogans27

I'm sure that you have it open by now, but one common culprit is soft drinks which slosh over and the dried sugar causes sticking. The WD40 rec should work, but also a simple light water spray to dissolve the sticky material. Once you get it open, that is the time to look it over carefully and clean it out, or it may continue to stick. Depending on your access, you can place a paper towel in places where you spray to absorb the water, so it doesn't run places it shouldn't. If you have clear access, just wipe the surfaces/edges with a damp sponge.

Reply to
JMyers6670