dashboard indicator lights

1996 audi a6 some of the dashboard lights have gone out

the R N D etc lights, the outside temp and milage, and the fuel computer lights. these are all LED's I think. All the dasboard bulbs are OK. Would anybody know what causes this

Thanks David Smith

Reply to
Christine Smith

by design we think.............means I've got about 18 months before mine completely fail....they are working there way across.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

"Christine Smith" wrote news: snipped-for-privacy@news.btinternet.com...

My guess is a loose solder joint if they are LED's. Normally they put some of these in series with some resistor, most likely this resistor is loose.

Al

Reply to
Bundy