Dashboard removal for Audi A6

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the top part of the dashboard (i.e. the bit thats goes to the front window) on a '99 Audi A6? A really loud and annoying rattle has just developed there and I've got to fix it before I can bear to drive the car!

(As I am in the UK I don't have easy access to a service manual.)

TIA, Mark

Reply to
Mark

Keep jamming stuff down until the rattle disappears.

Reply to
PhilÅ

down where............

Reply to
Juan Hunglow

all i have to say is its not going to be easy to get off.

Reply to
k&mautomotive

The message from Mark contains these words:

Haynes manuals come from the UK!

Reply to
Guy King

I know. However they don't do one for the A6.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

Have you tried to buy the CD-ROM version of the manual on Ebay?

Reply to
rockfanatic

I have seen many auctions for CD-ROMs on ebay. However they all appear to be for U.S. models. I don't know all the differences between UK and US models but I do know that they don't cover my engine since the UK models have 1.8 and 2.4 petrol engines which are not available in the US.

I may buy one anyway but it would be a risk.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

You can get the manual you need here :

Rgds

Reply to
Alec

The message from Mark contains these words:

Sort of. They do one for the older model and I hadn't spotted the year of yours.

Reply to
Guy King

Yep, have had a few cars with "one piece" type dash covers.

on my old Skoda Favorit, it was 35 screws, including taking off the glovebox lid, removing the glove box, taking out a brace, removing the small binacles holding some switch gear, then taking off the protectcover over the dials, then removing the dial cluster, then pulling the steering wheel and surround, after that the lower console needed to come off.

I didn't get any further than that as I found what I was looking for, but the actual dash cover was still rock solid, and I had already pulled

32 of the 35 screws, and they are all different sizes and lengths.

Could be fun in a more "Solid" car like an A6.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I have looked at the website. However I have a real problem with software that is locked to a particular PC. I upgrade my PC frequently and this type of licensing is too inconvenient and very unreliable in my experience.

Cheers, Mark.

Reply to
Mark