Diagnostic port on 97/98 A4

where is it located. It's not in the panel down by the drivers feet as in some USA/Canadian models
although a previous post detailed VAG COM availability across the pond is
there a list for the UK
ps the heated mirrors are still on my list for sorting
clanger

possibly in rear ashtray? http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/applications/a4s4.html later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris
rear of the centre console on my '98 avant

found it thanks
clang

and where did you find it?

rear ash tray........