Differential Oil Level - How to Check?

Hmmm is there a way to check oil level in teh differential? I have a 97 1.8tq A4... When the car is rolling (ie moving) I can hear a faint noise coming from the
wheels....I am thinking it could just be the winter tires on the car, but I just wanted to make sure the DIFF oil level is fine ..?
Thnaks

the
Prob Rear wheel bearings.
They will get louder :)
Ron

If I am not mistaken, it should come right up to the level of the fill hole. I'm not near my Bentley right now, but I think I remember that. BTW, I like to replace all the gear oils at every timing belt change. Cheap and easy.
Spider