Do I have Leather

How can I tell if I have real leather seats on my 2003 A4 1.8T Q?
I looked up my options codes at http://www.audi-faq.ru/prnumbers / In my maintenance guide I have a code of N1F / LF for my interior code
That table list N1F = seat coverings in leather, G grain pattern/leatherette, B grain pattern
Thanks.
--Art

Look at them.
--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Smart ass, I've never owned a vehicle with either leather or leatherette so I don't know how well the latter imitates the former.

Then don't worry about it.
--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."
contains these words:

As I understand it, care and cleaning for the two are different.
--Art

My understanding is that any part you sit on will be real leather but the sides, back and parts of the headrest will be leatherette.
I'm pretty sure it was stated in the sales brochure but I didn't keep mine.
HTH
Thanks

IIRC, the leatherette is perforated. Also, I think that leatherette was discontinued in 2002. Do a search at Audiworld if you want more info.
What Dave said is correct. Starting with the 2003 1.8T's, you could order leather 'seating surfaces' with the Premium Package. So, if it's not cloth, it's leather - but only in the center of the seat bottom and back. The bolsters and headrest are 'leatherette' - an expensive way of saying vinyl. Kind of a pain as I use leather cleaner/conditiooner on the centers, and vinyl cleaner on the bolsters.

That does sound like a pain. Perhaps leather cleaner on vinyl won't cause any problems?
What Ian said holds true for VW. I saw the new Jettas recently and the salesman said if it's leatherette it is perforated (probably because vinyl doesn't breathe like leather).
--Art
OK, this isn't a surefire answer, but at least it isn't a "smart-ass" answer. On my 02 A6 the seats are leather, but the side of the headrest and center storage cover are leatherette. they have a different feel. Also, leather has a tendency to give after a couple of years, where the plastic doesn't. Real leather gets softer...
Either way take comfort in the fact that you can't even ask that question with a BMW three...it would just be plastic.
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:55:49 -0400, "Art M"