Does anyone know the difference between these two part numbers?

Both are rear right hand side light clusters for an A6 (about 1996/1997).
One is 4A5 045 096B, the other is 4A9 945 096.
The former is from a 4-cyl saloon, the latter from a V6 Avant.
They look identical, but is there a difference?
The difference is that the Avant is smooth but the saloon has a groove between the amber & red lenses.
i have a spare saloon one RHS which bears the part no 443 945 222 A. Let me know if of any use to you.
"Mikado"
Goff Deegle wrote:

Sorry- I realise now this lamp unit is from Audi 100, not A6. But maybe the "difference" is still valid?
Goff Deegle wrote:

The lighting clusters on the early A6 models are more like those on the late Audi 80. The amber effect is actually achieved with an amber bulb behind a clear lens.
Both clusters seem to be smooth with no groove between the lenses. Perhaps it's just a renumbered part.