Does anyone know the difference between these two part numbers?

Both are rear right hand side light clusters for an A6 (about

1996/1997).

One is 4A5 045 096B, the other is 4A9 945 096.

The former is from a 4-cyl saloon, the latter from a V6 Avant.

They look identical, but is there a difference?

Reply to
Goff Deegle

The difference is that the Avant is smooth but the saloon has a groove between the amber & red lenses.

i have a spare saloon one RHS which bears the part no 443 945 222 A. Let me know if of any use to you.

"Mikado"

Goff Deegle wrote:

Reply to
mikado

Sorry- I realise now this lamp unit is from Audi 100, not A6. But maybe the "difference" is still valid?

Goff Deegle wrote:

Reply to
mikado

The lighting clusters on the early A6 models are more like those on the late Audi 80. The amber effect is actually achieved with an amber bulb behind a clear lens.

Both clusters seem to be smooth with no groove between the lenses. Perhaps it's just a renumbered part.

Reply to
Goff Deegle