Does anyone rate the 1.9TDi A4?

I've heard the latest 1.9TDi model of the A4 is a bit of a disappointment although the A3 is nippy enough.
The only 1.9Tdi i ever had was a SEAT IBIZA and it was a flyer.
Is the Audi really that bad - I really like the look of the car but would be put off buying one because of the above.
James snipped-for-privacy@maguiresgarage.co.uk http://www.maguiresgarage.co.uk

The main problem with the A4 variant is probably the extra weight?
I much preferred the A4 1.9TDI to the A4 2.5TDI when I drove them both a few months back - but the latter only had 1200 miles on the clock, so maybe not a fair comparison. -- Doug Ramage

I took delivery of my A4 1.9TDI Sport at the start of March. Before I choose the A4 I test drove a BMW 320d, A3 2.0TDI, Alfa 156 2.0JTD and Jaguar 2.0D. I find the A4 compares well against all the above. I really enjoy driving the car.
I would suggest you test drive it and see for yourself.
Chris.