Door Open Buzzer

I have a A4 2000 1.8T, the damn door ajar buzzer won't turn off no matter how hard I close the door. It was happening last summer but stopped and hasn't happend all summer. The heat has risen alittle bit and started
again. Any ideas anyone.
Thanks, Tim in Portland, ME
I ment it hasen't happened all winter,

Most likely the switch inside the lock assembly has gone to Heaven - particularly if you managed to get the indicator to go out by slamming the door closed.
Less likely is the wire for that switch has opened at the door hinge, and less likely still is the Central Locking module has puked. I believe a VAG tool talking to the CL module would root cause this either way...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
I am having the same problem with my 2001 A4. The interior lights do not go on when the doors are open, and when I start it, the indicator on the dash shows both front doors open. Also, the alarm will not arm. Is this all related?
--
lgrabas
Yes it is probably all related! I think if the door is thought to be open too long the interior light will go out.