Door trim removal A6

Hi,
How can I get the interior door trim off a '99 A6 without breaking it? I need to fix the window mechanism and I'm not paying 250 to a garage this time!
I can only find two screws at the top and a hole in the door handle. Because my history of breaking plastic on cars (100%) I am reluctant to repeat this by pulling hard on the panel.
BTW: I have no service manual as I can't find one in the UK. Haynes don't do one.
TIA, Mark.
Mark, Haynes is the source of the ol' "installation is reverse of removal" joke - in that, installation seldom is. If you're looking for a service manual, get the Bentley Manual and avoid the heartache that the Haynes will give you. www.rb.com (it may be www.rb.co.uk for their site in the uk). IME, Audi are pros when it comes to hidden trim fasteners, and fasteners that you have to pull on to the point that you would swear things are breaking before they release. You might have some luck checking around www.audiworld.com Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 09:34:07 -0400, "Steve Sears"

Thanks for the response. I've been through this before however. The Bentley Manuals are 100 for a CD-ROM, a bit steep considering they only cater for the USA models with the larger engines and not the 2.4 V6. AFAIK they don't have a UK counterpart.
I'll try Audiworld -- I haven't tried this yet!
Cheers, Mark
try this link
http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/158255.phtml

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:02:09 +0100, "Steve G"

Thanks. This looks just what I need.
Cheers, Mark.
Mark,
Check this link, too...
http://www.carstereohelp.com/straudi.htm
I found it extremely useful when removing my front door speakers not long ago. This company did an outstanding job of repairing the on-board speaker amplifiers on my '92 100CS. They were reasonably priced and turn-around time was one (1) week (including transit time within the US).
Cheers,
JT