DSG gearbox

What is the new DSG gearbox like to use. Is it better or worse when compared to a manual or automatic box?

I'm in the UK and any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Reply to
John Francis

I like it. :)

There is a current thread on this subject in the TT Owners Club forum:

Doug Ramage

Reply to
Doug Ramage

I like it so much I'm picking up my new 3.2 V6 TTC with DSG tomorrow :-)

It's a truely versatile gearbox. It's got the usual Drive mode for sedate cruising or round town. Then there's Sport mode which is truely awesome - it keeps the revs high. Then you can flick it into a pseudo manual mode and use either the paddles on the steering wheel or the gear shift itself (pushing forward or backward to increment or decrement the gears). Then there's launch mode :-)

I'd recommend you have a test drive - but get the dealer to fully explain how to use the DSG.

Cheers.

Reply to
Moley