DSG shifting

Found a peculiarity not mentioned in my owner's manual.

If I'm in D with my DSG 6-speed, and push both flippers (behind the steering wheel) at the same time . . . it shifts into DSG mode. But as soon as I stop it goes back to D.

Anything further I should know about this?

Charles Fox snipped-for-privacy@gte.net

Reply to
Charles Fox

In my A3 TDI140 DSG I can enter into the "manual" mode pushing only one of the flippers. It is useful for doing a kickdown without pressing the accelerator.

Andres.

Reply to
Andres del Pozo

It would be quicker, and I wouldn't have to take my hands off the wheel. Nice! Thanks, Andres

Charles

Reply to
Charles Fox