DSG Tansmission

What is the verdict on the DSG transmission offered on Audi models. Not sure whether to opt for it or stick with manual.
Any comments appreciated.
Saj

DSG is the best thing i ever drove ... its a automatic system with 2 clutches... you accelerate without recognizing gear switching (about some milli seconds) for example when you have inserted 2nd gear the 2nd system already runs on 3rd gear so there only has to be a switch over... you won't recognize the car switching the gear. forward forward forward ;)
Greetings from austria Martin.
Thanks for that martin.
But how reliable is the system over the long term. The thought of all those electronics at work lead me to think that there is all the more that can go wrong with the system.

(about some milli seconds) -
The latest news I got was 2 tenths of a second, but sources on this particular aspect of DSG don't seem to share the same info.
I have this in an A3 with the 3.2 V6 engine. Better than an Auto and can be used as a manual with step less changes. The biggest advantage is that there is no torque converter to wind up when you want to make a fast exit from a junction. It also has 'launch control'. There have been reports in a number of the Audi news groups about problems on the TT and some early A3's but I have had none and have also driven 4 other A3's / TT's with DSG and they work fine. Before deciding on the DSG I drove an A3 3.2 with the 6 speed manual transmission, it was almost impossible to obtain a smooth change as the clutch was like a switch - in or out and not what I expected so the DSG was the easy choice. This is my first non manual car in 40+ years of driving and have moved from a Volvo S60 2.4T to the Audi. The ride is no where as compliant as the Volvo - but its a lot more fun.
David