Dust in steering column?

Page 1 of 3
When I picked my car on getting back from my holiday I noticed some slight scratching plastic-to-plastic noise just below the steering wheel at certain
positions, especially when parking.
I get the impression some dust has made its way at the joint with the board. Is this possible, and if so how can I clean it?
Thanks in advance.
JP Roberts

You don't. You start up a website about how Audi won't buy your car back under the Lemon Laws, write a long message about how the steering column design was lousy and made your family's life a living hell because they had to ride in the car, and look for a lawyer to sue them in a class action suit along with all the other Audi owners who got dust in *their* steering columns.
Haven't you been paying attention? -- C.R. Krieger (wrong lawyer)
You're a hoot!
STC

I don't know C.R. sounds like you're being a lil too soft, I'd try a more agressive approach.
Romy
Mr Krieger, you've got a tremendous ability to steer out of the point being made, haven't you? Yours is a truly irrelevant answer- comparable to I'm not buying potatoes, I'm selling coconuts, for that purpose.

JP Roberts wrote:

Perhaps he's got dust in his point-steering column. :)
Maurits.

Not to mention leaping tall buildings at a single bound; faster than speeding bullets; more powerful than a locomotive, etc. Thank you.

Satire is never irrelevant. Unwanted maybe ... -- C.R. Krieger (One o' those moods again)
Satire has to be of a brilliant nature not to be irrelevant.
JP

Top-posting corrected...

In addition, the recipient must have a sense of humor. Regardless, your perception of what is brilliant and what isn't makes no implication on CRK's comments.
Spider
Dear Mr Spiker,
Even when it comes to perception, there are finer levels and less fortunate ones, and as for that matter, you might be better off if you weren't wasting your time trying to flatter an attempt at mediocre literature coming from dear Mder Krieger and instead you were driving a new RS6, for example. In this way, we could all devote our resources to more productive matters, too.
A sense of humour is never devoid of politeness if coming from gentlemen. When it is, it becomes only childish mockery, which is how I will treat this matter.
Yours truly,
JP

Not "mister," and that's "Spider."

Whew. For a literature enthusiast, you sure know how to type a run-on!
1.) I wasn't attempting to flatter anyone. I thought it genuinely funny - something lacking in much of USENET. People are too darn serious, and they take themselves WAY too seriously. Ring any bells, Mr. Roberts?
2.) My time is mine to waste, but thank you for your concern.
3.) Your decided lack of sense of humor is amusing in and of itself.

Your concern over other peoples' resources is touching, but misplaced. Concern yourself with your own productivity, and leave it at that.

Ahh, you *are* a fan of literature, and that difficult device - irony. Bravo!

Well, you can treat it in any way you desire. That doesn't mean that your treatment is accurate or meaningful. The fact that you take offense at the obvious humor says much more about your shortcomings than anyone elses'.
Spider
No offence would have been taken if someone had bothered to answer my question genuinely in the first place. I think we all have serious matters to attend and while a sense of humour is always appreciated, mockery is only of a despicable nature.
As for your own shortcomings, why don't you provide a practical answer in the first place instead of rejuicing in what is none of your business?

[snipped, top-posting corrected]

You are just too precious. Sounds like you are much too delicate to get out of the house. Please inform yourself of what the "alt" in alt.autos.audi signifies.

More hilarious irony. Your complaints about the form of the replies is laughable when you yourself cannot even begin to follow USENET etiquette. Make much ad hominem commentary, Mr. High-and-Mighty?

Ahh, here is where you show your confusion. Is this not a public forum? Did you not post your question in this forum? Now, with your newly-found knowledge about what "alt" means, put those two together. There you go!
Spider
No ettiquette is necessary if people should be complaisant enough, which places those who desperately need such protocol where they belong.
JP Roberts

Wrong. Etttiquette is always required. Even for the lazy and ignorant.

With the majority of polite people.
Spider
When spelling etiquette as "etttiquette", you are living proof of what you're saying when you state that the lazy and ignorant need etiquette, so I'll take your word for it.
JP

Earlier, I mispelled it in another way. But it's quite humorous for you to try and give lessons on ettiquette. LOL.

Since I am neither lazy nor ignorant, your comments are meaningless. Are you done shoving your feet in your mouth, or do you require another serving? I did note that you have a fine sense for for writing irony.
Spider
Wrong. You're still spelling it wrong. It's ETIQUETTE, right? I may also take your word about your not being lazy since you keep typing one or two extra t's all the time! Keep thinking spelling to be more important than etiquette, though.
Yours,
JP

Merriam Webster:
Main Entry: etiquette Pronunciation: 'e-ti-k&t, -"ket Function: noun Etymology: French tiquette, literally, ticket -- more at TICKET Date: 1750 the conduct or procedure required by good breeding or prescribed by authority to be observed in social or official life
Wow, we sure ain;t gots none 'O that 'round here!
We used to hose down cars at the dealer with a product form Kent. I beleive Worth makes a product similar now. Fixes annoying plastic squeeks.

Indeed I am. Wow, and you picked it out properly two posts in a row! I'm sure your parents would be so proud of the smart fellow you turned out to be.

Yes. Thank you *so* much for the correction.

All the time? Well, I don't think you know that for sure.

That's precisely what you are doing in your post, Mr. Roberts. A spelling flamer - how original.
Spider