Dust in steering column?

Page 2 of 3
Well, Mr Spider, I think you'll find it hard to come to terms with the fact I am not inflamed by your comments at all.
Maybe it would be time we forgot about our bad record of etiquette
differences, wouldn't it? Might even buy you a beer if you spelled that right... :)
Yours,
JP

Add pictures here
βœ–

I certainly have come to terms with the fact that you are quite inflamed - otherwise you would not have posted reply after reply after reply...

I don't see why. You're merely a hypocrite that's now giving up. that's OK, you were flailing pretty badly anyway.

Bier? Naturalich. :)
Spider
Add pictures here
βœ–
Since you lost the battle I was just offering you some hope but I can now clearly see what you are, just an ignorant loser as can be seen from your nonsense ongoing battle agains AstraVanMan.

Add pictures here
βœ–
I meant "against", natόrlich. Seems your German spelling is as bad as your English equivalent.

Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–
I'd like to keep it up if you had provided solid arguments, but this not being the case, I should call this "end of thread".
Anyway, I still have to hear of any practical solutions coming from you but I'm afraid Krieger did an excellent job of that.
However, if not your common sense at least your rethorics seems to be better in your last threads. Oh, and did you have those proofread?
JP

Add pictures here
βœ–

Just because *you* do not consider them solid doesn't mean they weren't.

I had to disassemble, then reassemble the shrouding on the steering column. No big deal - any idiot with a screwdriver could figure it out.

One of the best things about USENET is the unintended irony that spews forth with regularity.
Here we have just such an example - comments about common sense, rethorics [sic] and proofreading. All pure gold.
Spider
Add pictures here
βœ–
Now if you spell etiquette with too many t's why shouln't I be able to place h's where I want to? That, at least, proves my fingers aren't sticky.

Add pictures here
βœ–

No. If you wish to criticize others, you should try at least to avoid that thing that you criticize. Glass houses and stones and all that.
Spider
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Spider) wrote in message
*TWENTY-TWO* messages pointlessly sniping at each other? Knock it off, willya?
Geez, and I thought *I* was petty ... -- C.R. Krieger The Newsgroup Nazi
Add pictures here
βœ–
OK, end of thread for good!
JP

Add pictures here
βœ–
warp2 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (C.R. Krieger) wrote in message

Learn how to exercise self-control, willya?

You are. Who is it, again, forcing you to read this thread *and respond to it?*
BTW, if you invoke the word "Nazi," does that means you lose, due to Godwin's Law?
Just curious,
Spider
Add pictures here
βœ–

Obviously not - if Godwin's law had applied, then I wouldn't/couldn't have posted
;o)
H1K (Who hadn't even /contemplated/ reading the thread until CR joined-in)
P.S. Is calling someone a "Mussolini" a semi-violation, a full violation, or a Geopolitical expression in our cuddly EC/War-on-Terror worldview? Is there room for a "Il Duce" clause?
Italian members - feel free to answer, even if I'm rooting for the "other" guys tomorrow ;o) Williams being the /most/ local to me.. ;o)
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Spider) wrote in message (C.R. Krieger) wrote in message

I keep hoping you guys regain your senses and once again become topical, where you have some credibility, IMO. If you want to trade insults, why don't you go to alt.bad_comics.don_rickles?

Beats the hell outta me. I just figured if I was going to regulate newsgroup behavior, I oughta' have a nice title for it. Sieg heil! /:^' -- C.R. Krieger The Newsgroup Social Democrat?
Add pictures here
βœ–
warp2 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (C.R. Krieger) wrote in message (C.R. Krieger) wrote in message

A beautiful dodge of a pertinent question. Credibility isn't really a concern for me, as you should know from reading my exchanges in r.a.d. If people like my commments, great. If they don't, tough. End of story.
But complaints of topicality in this exchange are pleasantly ironic.

Oh, now that's just wrong. Don Rickles is classic sarcastic comedy, and a prototype for today's class of stand-up. a.b_c.jerry_lewis - that's where you should have gone, LOL.

A beautiful emoticon! Bravo!
Since you invoked it on yourself, I think "probably not." "Brown Shirts" and "Goose-Steppers" and the like certainly would approach the line. After all the bandying about with the term Fascist in connection with the current U.S. Administration, I wonder if Godwin's Law applies much?
ObAudi:
It's nice to have an intelligent battery charger. If you hook up the leads wrong (dumbass), and it refuses to put power to the circuit such that your ECU is saved, then life is good. The A4 lives to drive another day. :/
BTW, leaving the interior lights on all night does the battery in pretty well for the next morning. Just FYI. ;) And don't yell at SWMBO for the screw-up, because it's obviously not her fault if *you* didn't catch it, right? Just another FYI, courtesy of yours truly.
Spider
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Spider) wrote:

It took more than that on my RS6! I left the interior light on at around 8 one evening. The next day I drove it 20 feet out of the garage, and proceeded to instal a phone kit. During this time I had the doors open, listened to music playing on the PhatBox and then had the phone on charge. I was then puzzled as to why the music cut out when I accidentally knocked one of the switches on the electric seat. Never mind - it came back again. A little while later I knocked the seat switch once more. This time the sound didn't come back - the TV screen wouldn't stay on etc. I still didn't twig, preferring to believe that I had messed something up when I connected the phone kit (I had had the radio/TV/navigation screen out of the centre console). It was only when I prodded around with a multimeter that realisation gradually dawned. Ah well, turning everything off (including the interior light switch), and a couple of hours with the charger (intelligent, as you say, but I didn't get the connections wrong) and I was able to start the engine, and had a wonderful excuse to go out for a long drive!.
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk

Add pictures here
βœ–

Why, *thank you*!
Now, if you'd simply get a sense of humor, I could make a suggestion that might solve your Audi's 'problem'. -- C.R. Krieger (Anybody wanna bet he's too proud to listen to me?)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sounds you're finally coming back to your good old senses, so I'm all "ears".
JP

Add pictures here
βœ–

Several thoughts:
If it's a 'plastic-on-plastic' rub, try a little dry lubricant like talc (fairly clean and disappears quickly) or graphite (dirtier, will continue to show, but more likely to solve the problem).
If it's a noise down inside the column, you might have something in a soft carrier surface (IIRC, they use nylon on metal - should be noiseless) that would only be accessible by taking off the column covers. That might be easy - it might be a PITA.
The ultimate solution might be located just above your heater controls. Hit the 'On' switch and apply the 'Vol^' button liberally. I've found this approach adequately addresses most annoying noises in all my cars (except the loose 10mm bolt in my 535's RF power window assembly last week).
Gutes Glόck. -- C.R. Krieger (Good thing nobody took me up on the bet!)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Prima! That's what your elaborated answer finally deserves. I'll try one or more of your approaches.
Danke schφn.
JP Roberts

Add pictures here
βœ–