DV Valve for a4 1.8T 5spd.

How do I know if I have the good DV valve (710N) in my car.

"Someone" wrote

What do you mean by "good"? Good as in working? If it's not honking and if you're able to hold boost, it's working.
Or good as in 710N as opposed to a 710A, which is the stock DV on an a4? On the outside, they look identical. You'd have to take it out and find the part number that's printed on it (black on black unfortunately). One says 710N, the other says 710A.
Cheers,
Pete
Thanks Pete. Now I have to find where it is located.
Someone

Here you go:
http://dolph.zp.pl/gallery/albums/userpics/10004/bpv.jpg
It's actually a real pain in the ass to get to on the A4. Start by getting under the car, taking the belly pan off, and looking up near the bumper on the driver's side. If you still have your original BPV in there, make sure you have spare clamps because the ones that are on there are one-time use, so after you take them off, you won't be able to reuse them, at least some of them.
Good luck.
Pete