ECU Cover - how to remove?

Hey guys
I just wanted to check my ECU s/n so I popped the hood (97 A4 1.8t), opened the 5 8mm bolts holding the cover down..... and tried to lift up that
plastic cover thingy.... no luck..... seems like its sticking somewhere so I dont wanna put much force on it....does anyone know how to get it off? Is there some trick invovled?
thanks :P

The cover has a fairly tight seal all the way round - it does take a little effort to shift it. Just lever it firmly with your fingers - it should lift.
The easier way to discover information about your ECU is to get access to the VAG-COM software/lead (or similar).
--
Peter Bell - snipped-for-privacy@bellfamily.org.uk