EGR/VACUUM question

Hello group, my new to me. 92 100Q with 2.8 as a nasty vacuum problem to the EGR, the EGR valve is working properly as I have checked with a external vacuum pump and it stalls engine. When car idles there is no
problem and also no vacuum to the EGR. When I put revs to the engine vacuum builds to the EGR holds it open but upon return to idle position the vacuum solenoid reg does not release the vacuum to the egr so the engine stumbles and idles like crap... I check the ohm resistance to the solenoid valve and there it checks out with spec. I also check the idle switch continuality at the TB and that is OK also.. Please anyone have any other checks without spending Big bucks at the Dealer.. Yes the engine light comes on as I am cruising along and stays on until I shut car off..Engine light stays off until I am back on highway. This is with the EGR disconnected from the vacuum source and with the vacuum hose plugged. For now this is the only way I can get the car to run smooth enough no to hurt it. Please help!! Thanks in advance
If the signal to the vacuum solenoid ckecks out, that's your problem.