ellectric problem i think

audi a6 2.5 tdi 1999 hi all further to my post on this news group ref:- warning lights i have now got my car back from the garage but still got the problem.
what happened 1st was the red box with the ! inside and the abs light came on and beeped then the traction control light would come on then they would all go off and come on intermitently could go for a few days been ok then would start beeping, then the battery light came had this checked and the alternator needed replacing and had an mot done, i needed 2 rear shocks my bill was 710. the car was fine for a few days then the red light and abs light as started flashing again the garage run a test again and have said its ellectrical and they don't do ellectrics so i have an auto ellectrician coming to look at it, before he comes as anyone had this problem before or got any ideas the garage said the abs is not talking to the ecu but its all chinese to me i not that clued up on cars and grateful for any information stef

stef, stef, break those sentences down man..............my oxygen sensor came on just reading them.
With so many connectors and cables in a system, 100% manual tracking can be almost impossible. This said you would not expect straight run, hidden cables to be the problem.
Your man will be looking for a loose or corroding connector somewhere. As it seems ABS/Traction related, the wiring behind each wheel is the starting place. There are connectors at these locations so a disassembly and clean with electrical contact spray might cure the problem.

When you have communication problems between the various control modules and an inability to actually enter the ABS unit itself, it's possible that the ABS unit itself could be corrupt.