engine computer codes on 95 Audi?

Does a 1995 Audi Quartro have on board diagnostics and how do you check to see if your Audi has any stored engine codes when it starts to run bad?

Reply to
Frank

Are you talking about using a VW/Audi specific diagnostic tool like the Vag-Com? It will scan some Audis, read here at their 1995-2001 Audi A4/ 2000-2003 Audi S4 (B5/8D) Information Page

Since your 95 should be OBDI, most generic scanners will NOT work. :-( You might be able to display any DTCs by accessing them through blinking lights (blink codes method)
later, dave

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Dave, Thanks for your reply. The links you provided had the information that I was looking for. The second link with the information about the "check engine" light is just what I was looking for. Thanks for your help, Frank

Reply to
Frank

You are welcome! ;-)

dave