engine coolant

I have 2001 a4 1.8, the monitor is showing a engine coolant sign in red. Any one know where I can find G12 A8D solution or any equivalent solution and how to fill this solution? Thank you. Hunter

Reply to
audidrive

"audidrive" wrote

What does the symbol look like? Are you sure it's not the windshield washer fluid sign?

You can find it at your local VW/Audi dealer parts department. I think someone said they saw G12 coolant at some Napa stores as well. However, more important would be finding out what happened that your car is low on coolant: is it leaking out somewhere? is it getting into the engine? You need to have this figured out ASAP, not just top it off (always top off after you let the engine cool a bit).

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I remove it coolant during my last week oil change. do you think it might be lose?

Reply to
audidrive

"audidrive" wrote

You removed some coolant???

What might be loose?

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

The windshield washer alert is yellow, along with other non-emergency icons. According to the manual anything red is a serious problem.

Reply to
John F. Carr

when I reconnect the hose and the cooling outlet.

Reply to
audidrive

for the ease of getting to the oil filter during my oil change, I unscrewed the 3 screws that hold the engine coolant reservoir and unplugged the coolant hose. After few days the monitor is showing the coolant symbol.

Reply to
audidrive