Engine management light On Audi A4 2001 2ltr

Please help, I have serviced my car Audi A4 2001 2Ltr Version, but the engine management light keeps coming on. From the Audi user guide doesnt say much but to take it in to be looked at, has anyone ever had this
problem, if so how can i sort it out, as I'm beginning to think i might be making it worse.

serviced..............what did you do.
This was a normal service on the car, I was hoping it will get rid of the fault.

Ok, so you had a MIL light on, you had "normal service", and the MIL light is still on.
Time to find someone with an ECU code reader...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
disconnect the battery, leave for 10 minutes and reconnect. The ECU will reset to defaults. See what happens thereafter.