Engine stutters

I have a Audi TT 2001 and am currently having problems with it, so if any one can help, I would be thankful. The problem is that recently, my engine has been stuttering upon start up. This occurs when I leave
it over night. The car will be fine once it gets going but upon start up, it would stutter alot and then die sometimes. This happens frequently when it gets really cold. Also, when Im on a low gear, like driving in a parking lot slowly, it sometimes stutter. Im really worried because its my baby, and would like a consensus before I take it in. I checked the battery, and its fine. Could it be the spark plugs? Or the coolant system? Its a turbo engine, manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pulling the error codes off the ECU may be able to tell you any problems, with modern cars a good fault code reader is essential, misfires, failing components etc will hopefully get logged on the ECU,
Steve.

Could be all kinds of things. Find someone who can dump the ECU and check for errors. Maybe a local AutoZone or someone with a Vag-Com kit...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Have the coolant temp sensor replaced
I have exactly the same problem...I have a Audi TT 2002. Everything you mentioned is exactly what my car is doing during start up and when it is cold. I've been told it is the starter. But I don't want to replace that if it isn't the root problem. I also need help!