Extended Warranties

Hi everyone --
First off, you guys (& gals) are great. Been reading a lot and you've helped me with a lot of questions that I've had on being a perspective
Audi owner.
I have another question regarding their warranty. I've been looking at a few places known for luxury car sales (reputable) and they offer aftermarket warranties. I'd rather have a true extended Audi extended warranty but wasn't sure if you can buy a warranty directly through Audi.
The company that I may use offers a warranty through Pinnacle. I've heard that companies sometimes are able to buy extended warranties through the manufacturer themselves, but wasn't sure if this was the case with a consumer.
Whatever Audi I end up getting, must have some type of existing Audi warranty leftover. Of course, I'd rather buy something ceritifed to get the 100K coverage, I'd definitely consider a non-certified if I could get a good aftermarket warranty or (preferrably) an Audi extended warranty.
Does anyone know if you are able to purchase an Audi extended warranty directly from Audi (or a dealership?) (if bought through a non-Audi dealer) or do we have to get aftermarket?
Thanks in advance!
(remove nospam in my email address to reply privately)
Marty
On their website, they say that Audi doesn't currently offer an extended warranty, but say to check with the dealer - implying that some dealers may indeed offer something that you can purchase.... I will probably investigate this as my car gets a little closer to expiration of the factory warranty.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA
Hi Dan,
I called and asked via their 800 #. They said that they will only supply an extended warranty if the car was pre-certified. If you get a car from a non-Audi dealer and it wasn't pre-certified, you won't be able to add it. I've heard that some dealers can buy Audi warranties after the purchase, but haven't spoken to a local dealer yet.
Let us know how you make out!
Marty (remove nospam in my email address to reply privately)