extended warranty?

I have 22,000 plus on my 03 A4.....would it be wise to buy the extended warranty.

multitronic. Decided not to bother and put the 800 in a savings account just in case.

My warranty renewal would have been 1080 for another year. Yeah right !!!
I decided to take the risk.
Richard

product ?
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:39:44 +0000 (UTC), "liam"

thingy would make some $ on the sale of the warranty. It is about getting as much $ at the time of purchase.
Funny thing is that they want to flog this warranty at the very moment the car is newest and most shiny. The logic of that aspect of the value proposition fails me.
I considered it this spring for a moment and then decided the 4 yrs bumper to bumper warranty that came with the car is suffish. Years 5 on will be what they will be what they will be. Cars cost $. End of story.

I would put it in savings too. 800 is outrageous, esp. for 'reliable' car.
Another bonus is that you won't have to argue whether the fault is covered or not - as you are paying to fix any problem anyway. Paying also means that you have some recourse if the problem is not fixed - unlike warranty fixes where you are left with a (still) broken car and then wait n weeks for another 'slot'.
Not to mention that the damn warranty company is extremely picky over what they wil and will not fix. Chuck