Extending the warranty on A4

What are the options for extending the warranty beyond the default 50K/5yrs? Is it worth the money? The dealer I called up said it will be approx. $2300 for additional
60K/5yrs. This is for a 2001 A4 Quattro. Thanks.
Sounds a good deal - Audi UK want 1100 for one additional year!

Was that for; this years Le Mans entry?
Joking aside, the AA will do a blanket 1000 claim limit for 99pa, with a free car / hotel / and all sorts of other stuff. Though you will need to be a member.
warrantydirect.co.uk will cover a 2001 (just out of warranty) A4 with average mileage with a 5k (per) claim limit for 668 *for three years*, or 259 for one. I'm not associated with them, I looked it up out of curiosity as mine is not yet out of warranty (though my local dealer are unable to fix problems anyway).
What precise model/age did Audi quote you 1100 for PA? As an Audi owner (still within warranty) I find this worrying. Ford quote a tiny percentage of this for extending, and they are supposed to go wrong!!
Mr Angry (Owner of a 2003 A4 that still pulls left and probably always will)

It was for a 98 A6 Avant 2.5 TDI. I think it is a blanket figure though as it was quoted as 700 fou a vehicle under 5 years old and 1070 for over 5 years. I took the warranty direct option at 550 for 3 years. (BTW warranty direct includes wear & tear items such as shock absorbers - so seems a good deal.)