extremely stupid question

Page 1 of 2
What is the relationship between audi and bmw?
told you.

Add pictures here
โœ–
I don't think your question is stupid at all in financial terms. I would also like to know the answer to it.
JP

Add pictures here
โœ–

BMW. Citroen, and so on..................
Add pictures here
โœ–
Both supposed to be made in Germany?
Take care Pantelis

Add pictures here
โœ–

Engage your computer software also known as a "search engine."
Google works pretty well for this.
Good luck,
Spider
Add pictures here
โœ–

I really don't know why you bother posting to newsgroups.
Peter
Add pictures here
โœ–

Not very good. They are enemies in the market place.
Add pictures here
โœ–

How is this post helpful in any way, Peter? I know you have a hard-on for me, and are just itching to get into another pissing match.
Go ahead, I'm not scared in the least. Your lack of wit has already been demonstrated thoroughly.
Spider
Add pictures here
โœ–

LOL!! Pot, kettle, black.

Yeah, whatever.

I'd bother if it didn't get so mind-numbingly boring so quickly. Thankfully I've got better things to do.
Peter
Add pictures here
โœ–

I guess you don't really know what this means. My original post was at least a step in the right direction. Yours is just taking a piss.

I notice you couldn't help yourself in responding, though. Poor self-control?

Obviously a lie. Why bother responding at all?
LOL - take some clever lessons and come back, OK?
Spider
Add pictures here
โœ–

Maybe they both were. I mean, if you're going to make the effort to post, why not consider the fact that the OP might be fairly new to the internet, and might not be all that familiar with search engines (yes, I know they're not exactly rocket science, but different people have different levels of knowledge and experience). Why not actually give a useful answer, such as "They're both German manufacturers, competing in the so-called 'luxury' end of the car market, but aside from the German connection, have little in common", and then mention that answers to straightforward questions like this can often more easily be found on search engines, rather than just wasting your own time telling him to look on a search engine, when you could have spent the same amount of time actually giving him an answer to his question.

Yep. Abominable.
Peter
Add pictures here
โœ–

No, just yours.

No time like the present to learn - that's my motto. I figure if someone can find USENET, surely they know how to use a browser.

My answer was useful, and indeed can be used for other questions. Your piss-take aside, try and expand your mind as to what might constitute "helpful."

Why are you concerned about my time?

That really wouldn't help him with the next question, though, would it? I realize that you would rather have everyone spoon-fed, but I think that is the exact opposite of the spirit of USENET. If people learn how to find their own answers, then they can in turn help others find their own answers, or relate their experiences.
Everybody wins.
Now the question remains as to what exactly your postings are doing to help anyone, other than just humping my leg because of your hard-on for me in particular?
Spider
Add pictures here
โœ–

You don't know this for sure.

I'll give it a go - anyone got any mind-expanding drugs to assist me in my research?

Because I'm a very caring person generally. Ask anyone.

Oddly enough, I do agree with this to an extent. But if every time a fairly commonly asked question came up, and someone then replied with "just look on google for God's sake, and stop wasting everyone's time", or words to similar effect or in a similar tone, then that itself would be the exact opposite of the spirit of usenet. It would discourage people from using newsgroups if they thought that they were just going to be called a lazy useless c*** every time they asked a question that happened to have been asked before.

Bloody hell, am I actually starting to agree with you? Maybe to an extent, but everyone's got to start somewhere.

Hard-on for you? Please, give me some credit.
As to what exactly my postings are doing to help anyone, well I've done a token useful post to this thread, so there :-)
Peter
Add pictures here
โœ–

All your circumlocution has ended up here. Which is nice, because it is here that we finish these issues for good.
1.) Your claim that I was the only one of a certain opinion is dead wrong. Even a cursory search of a netiquette FAQ shows this to be the case. But let us just assume for a moment that your claim is not false.
2.) "...it's mine to do what the hell I like with." This tightly-held belief, in contravention to majority opinion of USENET etiquette, mirrors my idea that folks should post whatever they like, and it is up to others to avoid what they dislike. Like not wasting bandwidth complaining about that which you cannot change, right? So, from this, one can either assume that you a world-class hypocrite, or just a low-grade troll. From your own postings, there can't really be any other conclusion - well, no *reasonable* alternate conclusion.
Combine this with the hilariously wrong "advice" on how to get 225HP out of a 1.8T motor, and how that proves my point of looking stuff up before coming to USENET, and it seems as though you've really got nothing of value to say.
You have proven my points thrice over, and for that I thank you.
Most sincere regards,
Spider
Add pictures here
โœ–

Well yes, let's end this, because it's getting a bit silly :-)
A search of a netiquette FAQ doesn't show anything. That is something very general indeed. I was talking about a specific situation, in which only you shared your opinion, and at least 2 or 3 others defended mine. Having said that, the person who sent me the mail also shared your opinion, so yes, in that respect, my claim was wrong.

Maybe I am a world-class hypocrite, or a low-grade troll. Maybe I'm just something in between - a cross between the two. I think we all are from time to time.

Maybe so, but usenet is *not* just for experts to contribute. If people without all that much knowledge want to throw a suggestion in, then that's their right. It's a bit like free speech, except it's the written word (albeit in electronic form). OTOH, if someone reading that suggestion wants to politely suggest that the person who wrote it is completely barking up the wrong tree, then that's their right. OTOH again, if someone reading that person's post feels the need to be downright rude about it, via private email or otherwise, then that's their right. In the real world, all of the above happens. It's called life.

Don't mention it. The pleasure was all mine.
Peter
Add pictures here
โœ–
Spider wrote:

Gee, Google is software on John's computer? Huh. And all this time I thought it was a *web application*.
-- Mike Smith
Add pictures here
โœ–
You can spare yourself the Google search, there isn't any relationship between Audi and BMW. Unless you count that they're both based in Germany, both have U.S. headquarters, and compete aganist one another. Hope that helps.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Aren't you clever. Everyone knew what I meant. ;)
Spider
Add pictures here
โœ–
John wrote:

None, AFAIK. Audi is owned by VW. Unless you call being competitors a "relationship"...
-- Mike Smith
Add pictures here
โœ–

Both are headquartered in Bavaria. That's about it. Still, it gives both marques more character than the overengineered Swabian Pigs from Stuttgart. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drive both)
Add pictures here
โœ–