extremely stupid question

Page 2 of 2
C.R. Krieger wrote:

What've you got against Porsches?
-- Mike Smith

No; the *overengineered* Pigs. I *love* Porsches. ;^) -- C.R. Krieger (Doesn't have a Benz, either ...)
warp2 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (C.R. Krieger) wrote in message

LOL. When you first said Stuttgart, I knew you menat M-B. Then he brought up Porsche, and I immediately didn't know. IIRC, I have never heard you say a bad word about either before. But with your posting volume, I could have missed something.
Now, maybe a good flamewar over the 9X4 series of Porsches...
;)
Spider
Spider wrote:

What was wrong with the 964? ;-P
-- Mike Smith

LOL.
I once had the opportunity to drive a turbo 944 at a club event. That car was damned fast, and nice to drive. I'm not sure what the cost of continuing ownership would have been, but it sure was a nice car. Because of their "red-headed stepchild" sort of status, I guess you can usually pick up the 9X4 series of cars for reasonable money. Keeping them on the road might be another thing - I'm fairly sure the insurance companies only need to see the brand...
Spider
Yep, Spidey, you're right. I owned both a 914 and a 924 when they were new back in the 70's. The 914 was a blast to drive; most fun car I have owned. I had the heads milled and the FI turned up a bit, and the tach would literally race to the redline. The targa top made cruising even in winter a lot of fun. Felt like driving a can-am car! It was so close to the ground, and the hood was short & low.
The 924 I modified with an aftermarket BAE turbo, and 911 turbo fuel pump, and fuel enrichment device. Never got it quite right, but it was dyno'ed at 155 HP. You should have seen the looks on 240Z drivers when I blew them away! It was stealth, also. Only a "turbo" badge on the rear...
Those were the days...
--
Stephen Clark

Nothing really, besides the fact that they're both German car manufacturers. Audi is part of Volkswagen-Audi Group, commonly known as VAG, and also includes Seat and Skoda. They share a lot of engines and mechanical designs.
BMW is a completely separate company. Both BMW and Audi compete in the "luxury" sector of the market. Probably the wrong choice of words, but they are considered to be amongst the higher quality brands, also along with Mercedes, and maybe Jaguar as well, possibly others. These days though, due to the market dictating it, they've both started producing much cheaper and smaller cars, when they traditionally only used to knock out nice saloon cars. Examples are the BMW MINI, the Audi A3, 3 Series Compact and the Audi A2.

Heh!
Well there's my token useful post anyway, for those that doubted my ability to make one.
Peter
Audi contains more letters than bmw so that is one difference. another is that audi is a far superior machine and another is y do u wanna know....gee ....mused harold...i must tell ms rawlins about this.