FA: '87 BMW 535is

No big sales pitch. If you're interested, it's on eBay until Sunday.

You've heard all my stories about this car. Well, not *exactly* this one, but it *looks* just like it ... except for the interior that's black instead of red ... and only half the miles ... and ... =;^)

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; bought that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Invalid Item

The item you requested (2471244764) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

OK, now what's the story about this auction?

Reply to
Scott in Aztlán

I'm not having any problems viewing the auction...

Reply to
fclaugus

snip-

also had no trouble viewing

beauty of a car hard to believe you let it go for $3k+ change

"If you don't tell her it'll easily top 130 in fourth gear, I won't elther "

and it will do 153 in fifth... at least my plain old 535i did....

Reply to
Avantium

The original poster having trouble apparently tried looking before the auction (with a timed start) began. It's a cool feature if you think timing matters, but I guess I jumped the gun mentioning it here.

Thank you. I wasn't being greedy. I just wanted my money back out of it. The buyer got the same bargain I did. Wait'll you see the red one ...

Thunder Valley out of Road America's Kink isn't long enough to get above 6000 rpm in fourth. Canada Corner is a 112-foot-radius right at the end. I haven't been anywhere I could safely and sanely (not risking loss of my license) 'top out' a 535. The US sales lit for the car says 134.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Got pics? If you weren't half way across the friggen country I'd have scammed that baby up for the short change you got on it. She was a beauty...

So come on... give us some pictoral gratification on the red one... It does have the tan interior, right?

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Yup. If only she were red.

Ummm, no. But it is my old high school colors. See?

-- C.R. Krieger (NPHS *Fighting* Quakers?)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Ooooh. Nice. I suppose the wheels you saved from the Delphin one are going on the red one soon, eh? Those look like the ole TRX's on there now. I am partial to the red exterior w/ tan inside. But that looks pretty nice just the same. 5 speed I suppose, right?

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.