Facelift lower centre grille removal

Hi guys... err... excuse my stupidity, but I can't figure out how to take the lower centre grille out... people say there are 3 clips that hold it in but I seem to see like 10 clips (5 upper and 5 lower) and I simply can't
take the grille out for chrome trimming... any ideas? My A4 is a 2000 facelift UK model.
Thanks, Jules
Add pictures here
‚úĖ