Fan on '02 A6 with 3.0

I have an A6 with the 3.0 engine. The two electric radiator fans are on all the time. Cold start, even very cold out (20 degrees F) and you turn on the
key and both fans start-up. The only time both fans are off is when the air or heat is completly off. According to the dealer.. "this is normal".
Seriously doubt that it is normal though I don't have this particular model.
Sounds like you have relays that are sticking or a bad thermo switch on the radiator. Could also be a bad temp switch on the engine as well.
Pull the codes. The Stealer MUST have done that ... That would have been the LEAST that they should have done to help.
M. Butkus wrote:

all
the
air
I dont have the same model but an older Audi 100 with electric fans and climate control, but the normal behaviour is that the fans are on under one of the two circumstances:
1) When the thermoswitch in the radiator feels to hot (normally when air flow is to low due to low driving speed or zero speed) 2) When the climate control has the AC compressor on.
If you can get it to stop by fooling with the controls for the heat/air I would expect that the compressor is running all the time causing the fans to be on all the time.
On my car there is no controls between the radiator thermoswitch and the fans, so fooling with the heat/air controls would not cause the fan to stop if it was the thermoswitch which were faulty.
Rgds
Jens