fast tickover on A6

Audi A6 1996 2.6SE

Last week I changed spark plugs,fuel filter,and air filter. Now I have a fast tick over. (about 1400 rpm)

seems like the throttle is not closing when I take my foot off.

Would anybody know about this problem.

Regards David.

Reply to
dave smith

did you disconnect the battery to do the service, if so somtimes the ECU goes into a wierd mode, the same as when you jump start an Audi, it will go back in time after around 10-30 mins of driving.

The ECU needs to reset itself, also check for any plugs you could have knocked out accidently

Cheers

Ryan

Reply to
Ronny

Chances are you need to have the throttle body reset. You can have that done at the dealer's or someone with a VAG-COM unit should be able to help.

JP

"dave smith" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@news.clara.net...

Reply to
JP Roberts