Fog light bulb replacement for 2000 Audi A4

Can anyone tell me what type of bulb is used in the in-bumper fog lights of the 2000 A4 Quattro?
I could not find this information in the owner's manual, or on-line. I noticed that H3's seem to
be used in all other Audi models. Does this also apply to the 2000 (and later) A4's?
Thanks,
dk
"dk" wrote

H7.
Cheers,
Pete

Thanks.
Let me see if I got this right:
H7's are used in all 3 positions on the 2000 (and later?) A4's: low beam, high beam, and fog lights. Right?
Thx,
dk
"Dan Koren" wrote

Correct, unless you have xenons in which case the low beams are D2S.
Cheers,
Pete

Many, many thanks. No, I do not have HID headlights.
May I also ask about the 2003 A4? Is it the same story?
BTW is there some place or web site where one can find this information?
I find it outrageous beyond belief that Audi does not deign to provide such info in the owner's manuals.
Thx,
dk
WOW! If you find THIS "outrageous beyond belief", I can't imagine how you'd feel about something REALLY important.

You don't consider providing customers all the information required to maintain the product they buy an important matter?
Well, I do.
dk

BTW I hope the info above is correct for US models, right?
Thx,
dk
"Dan Koren" wrote

Yes, it's for US models, although the euro-spec A4s use the same bulbs for main lights. I think the turn signal bulbs are different though.
Sylvania's automotive lighting catalog is a decent source of bulb replacement info:
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide /
Cheers,
Pete