front bumper emoval Audi 80 '90

Hi
I've just got an Audi 80 '90, and haven't been able to get a manual yet. Now I have to remove the front bumper. I can't find the mounting bolts!
Where are they located? Is there anything I have to remve before I can remove the bumper?
/Sven
If it is like most others of the breed you will find two Allen bolts that are mounted up from the bottom of the bumper on either side of the license plate. Remove these and the bumper will slide forward and off.
Be careful to disconnect the lights in the bumper and any ducting to the radiator or oil cooler if so equipped.
Easy to do but really need two people to avoid damaging parts.
Sven Agardh wrote:

Thanks for the tips, but I can't find any bolts on the bottom of the bumper. Is my bolt searching ability too low or is my car not like most others?
/Sven
Tony wrote:

Again, if it is like others, There are two holes on the bottom of the curve of the bumper (not on the very bottom) molded into the painted portion. They may have plastic covers over them. Up inside the holes about a half inch are the bolts.
The bolts are though the front of the shock absorbers which absorb low speed front end collision that the bumper is mounted on.
Sven Agardh wrote:

If it's like an '88, you have to remove the strip of metal that runs all the way around between the bumper and grille. Under there, you should see the bolts you need to get to. The trim strip just pops off, but be gentle or you'll bend it.
On Sat, 28 May 2005 11:55:51 +0200, Sven Agardh

Hi guys, there is two 6mm allen bolts you will have to remove to slite the bumper off. Be sure that u are two to remove the bumper to not destroy other parts. Here's a picture. http://imgur.com/2VYazMY