Front parking sensor problem

Hi

I have a 2004 B6 A4 with front and rear sensors.

Last week the two right hand front sensors stopped working and the system makes random high pitched beeps as if it's a loose connection.

I doubt the sensors themselves have gone but wondered if anyone had come across a particularly week connection for those sensors that causes them to go out.

It may be a coincidence but the right hand headlight washer failed to retract completely the day before the sensors failed but has been fine since. I put that down to the washer reservoir being almost empty so the headlight washer couldn't pressurise completely and thus only raised the washer about half an inch.

I've read a few cases of two front sensors going out at the same time and people being quoted £300+ to get them fixed by Audi as they don't come painted. I'd be grateful if anyone who has had this happen can let me know their experiences.

I may just buy the sensors and get a bodyshop to do the work as I have a few bits that need painting so it's probably more worthwhile to get them fixed if a batch of paint has to be mixed. Might also get a couple of extra sensors as spares in case this happens again.

Cheers Dave

Reply to
Dave

I don't have experience with these but the coincidence of both failures on the right side at the same time is just too much to ignore. I would check to see if the washer activation hit a wire from the sensor causing the problem.

Reply to
TonyJ

Checked again today as the system hasn't been making any odd sounds and it now seems that only the RHS outer sensor has gone.

Does anyone know of an online guide to front bumper removal? Just thought I'd check the connections before I order anything.

Thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave