FSI and temperature has huge effect on performance?

I'm driving A3 2,0 FSI and decided to test a bit, how the car accelerates from 60 to 120km/h. One Finnish magazine (Tekniikan Maailma) tested this car and gave it following results:
III: 10,5s VI: 23,4s
Apparently the test was made at the summer, temperature being about 20C. I myself tested last night, while temperature was -8,0C
I got the following results:
III: 8,4s VI: 19,4s
The difference is huge. I also clocked a lot lower results with IV, but I lost that accurate reading, however it was over 2s faster also than what the magazine clocked.
I haven't found any net-publish giving out 60-120km/h results, so I'm little lost here. Did the temperature really make that big difference, or did they have a bad car?-) My 6th gear acceleration even had little uphill on the end (the gar actually accelerates pretty well at higher revs, while at 60km/h the 6th was pretty slow ;))
I couldn't test 0-100km/h (0-62mph), since there was too much ice, my ESP light was on all the time.
Anyone with 1,9TDI/2,0TDI btw who could also provide some of their own results? Would be nice to compare (2,0 TDI should fastest with IV gear, not III).
- Yak

Maailma)
I'm always amazed at car mags testing things like 60-120km/h in last gear. I mean, who in their right mind would punish their car in such a way? 6th gear is not meant for hard acceleration in such low rpm range. Can you say lugging? Baaad!
Even a not so smart auto tranny knows to shift down when flooring the gas pedal at 60.
Cheers,
Pete
Pete wrote:

Well, they tested every gear, also in different speeds, 60-90km/h and 90-120km/h. At least 90-120km/h gives somekind of indication how the 6th pulls in our speedlimits.
But does it really harm on the other hand to publish 6th gear also on the 60-120km/h result?
- Yak

Publishing pointless data doesn't do much harm. ;-)
Lugging the engine by flooring it at very low rpm in last gear, on the other hand, can do quite a bit of harm in the long run.
Cheers,
Pete

Don't think so wit current injection control computers. With carburators that might have been true.
I'm sure the ECU will control how much fuel/air mixture _can_ be used and will not inject more. The result being that you might not be able to accelerate significantly at all :-))

Regards
Wolfgang
--
* Audi A6 Avant TDI *
* reply to wolfgang dot pawlinetz at chello dot at *