Fuel Pump Repair for 92 Audi 100 S

I have a 92 100S. The fuel pump went bad the other day. I replaced it and checked that it's running. The car still won't start. Does it need to be bled or something to this affect?

I got a bare bones pump from the internet and had to take the wiring and hose off the old. I crossed the poles on the terminals so the motor was running in reverse.
Frankly, this is something I don't do on a regular basis so anyway it works now and I saved about 400 from what the dealer or other shops wanted.