Future Audis

Does anyone have any information on future Audis that are going to be produced?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:22:00 GMT, "Jay Schiek, Audi Sales"

No details on products but the time line is pretty clear.

produced? As I have written in an earlier thread, both the Steppenwolf and the Pikes Peak will be produced some time soon into the future, but we do not yet know their official names. There will also be a very potent A8 Avant in production fairly soon. But, from 2005, the tiny aluminium A2 will be dropped, and it will not be replaced by any other Audi model. The void will be filled with Seat models. Audi will in the future try to separate its models more from the various VW models.
Where are the CVT and AWD models?
Where are the FSI Turbo models?? Add CVT and AWD to the mix and yay!
LiFe.

know
will
How about the forthcoming new A6, expected in about 6 months' time?
The 2.0 FSI turbo will first be used in the imminent new Golf, and it will produce 200 HP, according to local magazines.
Personally, I can't wait to get hold of a new A6 Quattro - hopefully with the 2.7T engine or similar and pneumatic adaptive suspension, DSG would add the perfect topping to it.
I'll just be afraid of the typical issues involved in new models.
JP Roberts

Pikes
I doubt that you'll see the 2.7T in the new A6. Think they're too heavy (heavier than the new 344 hp 4.2L V8 in the new S4?) and thus on their way out of the Audi portofolio. The 2.0 FSI Turbo sounds exiting though. Audi still haven't presented an engine with the "tunability"/durability like the old I5 2.2T (weeping on behalf of my late -93 S4).
Rune

be
yet
its
Oh what an ommission... what about the Audi LeMan's Quattro ????
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?file r.mv&num41
OK, so it's a lambo in a party dress... but who care's it look fabulaous and expected to fill the gap between the Audi A8 and the baby lambo that the LeMan's is based upon.
Purely speculation, but I doubt Audi would mess with it's current branding strategy, the Steppenwolf is very likely to be badged a A3 Allroad, the Pikes Peak is a special model, so I would expect a special name in a similar fashion to the TT, Allroad and LeMan's names, maybe something with Historic links like the Avus concept or maybe just a boring german village / mountain / pass name ? My money is on something like Dakkar or Monacco or a daft Pheaton type name that has no meaning :)
As for the A5 and A7 names... Well I think VAG will keep a close eye on BMW's new strategy of coupes been a number higher, the A5 could well be used on the long suggested A4 Coupe and the A7 could well see the next gen A6 Aluminium body shell modified to build a uber coupe to beat the BMW 6 Series back to the hills... Speculation on the A9 and higher numbers is unlikely to go anywhere, the A8 is the top barge in the Audi range, although maybe something spun off the work VAG has done with the new Bentley Continental will bring us the fruit of a lambo V10 engined, Bentley Chassied, Audi LeMan's styled 4 seat, 200mph plus touring coupe. Vapourware that would probably upset the Skoda/VW/Bentley family tree....
My thoughts are based on the reading of the only authoritive car industry magazine... "CAR" read it and get a true insight into the minds of the industry bosses, designers and pr machine.
Time for bed, Haydn :)
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:52:08 +0100, "Inger Skramstad Jrstad"