gas shutoff switch?

Hi, I have a 1986 Audi turbo...I was involved in a minor front end collision witch bent the hood and smashed the grill and headlight. After the crash
the engine wouldn't start. When I looked under the hood there was no visible damage to the engine and I expected to just start the car and go home. One of the people passing by thought the problem could be from some kind of gas shut off "safety switch". Can anyone tell me if there is such a switch and how I could reset it?
Thanks!!!
Gene
I owned several (non turbo) 5000's of this era and none of them had a fuel shutoff switch.
G> Thanks!!!
With best regards, Tom Amundsen. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcastAWAY.net
That's what I figured; the vehicle is probably too old for a fuel cutoff inertia switch. Thanks for your help Tom.
Gene

The ECU activates the fuel pump by powering the FP relay. If the engine speed signal (sensor on the flywheel) stops for any reason the pump shuts off. Possibley a better test than an inertia switch.
Tony '91 100q 5spd