Gearbox oil specificationo

Hello all,

I wanto to change my gearbox oil because I find that it's not very smooth when gear shift. My Audi is a 96 A4 1.8T 5-speed auto-gearbox one (WITHOUT +/-) model. Do you know the specification of gearbox oil that I use?

thanks,

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Thanks for your advice.

regards, Ben "Tony Johnson" ??? news:3f4fb2df$0$149$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.visi.com ???...

Reply to
Ben

Not my dealer. I *wanted* them to change the differential & manual transaxle fluid on my 1997 A4 2.8q. They said they've never done it to any of these cars as the quattro system is "sealed for the life of the car" I remain skeptical.

Hmmm, I was looking in the Chilton's book on this--as it's obvious I need to do it myself. I don't recall them specifying a VAG tool.

Vic

2000 Mustang GT suspension upgrades 1997 A4 2.8q
Victor DiMichina

Reply to
Tranny1233