Got a chance to test drive 2003 A4 (1.8T quattro) and 2001 A6 (V8 quattro) on sunday:

I was surprised to find that A4 and A6 are worlds apart. I thought A6 is a bigger A4 but in fact it;s a smaller A8 I guess. (Never driven an A8 and have no need for one). A4 is nimble and A6 does it's best to hide it's heft but it shows a bit. Still, a far cry from a boat I have erroneously expected it to be. UHP summer tires helped quite a bit I guess not that I ever braked at the limit of their traction (I did not bother to check ABS in action)

That's my first experience with near luxury and luxury models as I've previously driven rice cars and one american mid size.

Anyhow, aside from the millions of buttons on dashboard I like it. Both cars seem to require very little effort to drive them and seem to perform well when pushed. Not that I have much desire for that.

I liked A4 better but I'll get a A6 2.4 V6 circa 2003 as I could use the extra width of the trunk and the extra space in the rear seats.

Is there ANYONE alive in this group?

Reply to
AD

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:30:24 -0800 (PST), against all advice, something compelled AD , to say:

I read it, but I've bought my Audi (2004 3.2 TT).

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Yup.

-Steve (2002 A4 3.0 Q, 2010 A4 2.0T Q)