Greetings all. Audi 100 Crown and pinion are they interchangable between teh Auto and the Manual?

Greetings all, I'm hoping some Guru out there can tell me if the Audi 100/200/5000 Diff parts are interchangeable. I have an 016 manual transaxle but the Crown gear is stripped and I have
been quoted over $1800 for a replacement. I do have access to a cheap Auto also from an Audi 100. My questionis .. as long as the ratio's are similar can I interchange them.
Thanks in anticipation
'90 or '90 changed to the torsen center from the previous locking center. quattro usually have 3:70 ratio where non q use 4:11
To check further with those better informed than me you should visit:
Audiworld.com forums.
Tonyj '91 100q 5spd