Guess What (follow-up)?

Page 3 of 3
JP Roberts wrote:

So the dealer (DEALER) is saying that the SR is not covered. Under Magnuson-Moss, the guy could get legal relief. Audi will take care of it, one way or another. But the dealer (DEALER) is making it tough on the end-user.
And not all dealers (DEALERS) are the same.
E.P.
JP Roberts wrote:

could
those
other
What's with the mixed top and bottom quoting?
Anyway, your claim is that they could go to some other supplier and just get enough to cover all of them, including new manufacture, "in an instant".
That suggestion is 100% false. There was *one* supplier for the particular part, and VAG had to get a different manufacturer to supply both the new and replacement parts.
Like I said, you can't wave a wand and have parts appear. They need to made, shipped and stocked. Which takes time.

we'll
matter
extreme,
fall
and
flexibility?
Again, why should they cover something out of warranty? Why bother having a warranty period AT ALL? I know of plenty of folks that have had things not recalled covered out of warranty. But those things were generally small, and the cars were close to the end of warranty.
In addition, VAG did cover the electric window lift clip thing outside of warranty for lots of cars that were FAR outside the period. Look it up.
You keep avoiding the question - why have a warranty period at all, if folks expect free repairs for the life of the car?

guess I

You admitted that you weren't an automotive engineer. So, I guess some pedant can hop up and down and say "I told you so," but that doesn't make his training or experience any more relevant to the issue. So you're an engineer. You're not an AUTOMOTIVE engineer, so you are not qualified to judge the quality of the engineering from mere inspection. In fact, I'm not sure a real automotive engineer is qualified to judge from mere inspection. Real testing is required.

have a

some
need to

wrong?
If the part is snapped clean off after driving out of the dealer's lot, then your analogy would be apt. But it's still functional (or was, until someone told you it needed to be replaced.) We do not know if that assessment is accurate.

Then why can't you?

the
I'm
argument
No, the main topic is your inability to accept that the warranty period is over, and your parts aren't covered now. There's no recall, which means you're going to have to pay to have them replaced. Life's hard.
Again, why should Audi cover something outside of warranty that's not a recall?
And nice diversion from the question. Wasn't somebody just complaining about slight diversion somewhere? LOL.
What's the name of this so-called dealer? Do they exist, even?

Why? You were complaining about good stories being rare. They aren't.

lifetime
underengineering, so

Your *claim* is that's it's underengineering, without any sort of credentials or testing data. I have not forgotten that at all - but I do recognize that it allows you to pursue the circular logic that it should be replaced at no cost to you. Why? Because it's underengineered! How do you know? Just by looking at it.
If my credibility with you is nil, so what? You're the one trying to convince me that you are somehow correct, so my opinion must be important for some reason.
E.P.
The fact that you refuse to accept the generally accepted fact - so read GENERALLY in capitals - that the upper front arms and tie rods, and now lower arms are underengineered does not speak much about your convincing logic. The proof is all there as there have been wide recalls and that's because they had lots and lots of problems. Now it's not right for the make to say, sorry our campaign is over and your arms did not need replacing at the time so that's it.
You also fail to answer how on earth it was not possible for the coilpack potential suppliers - many more than one - to produce the necessary parts in just under two months - it seems to have taken over five! The proof that this could have been done is really simple. How long does it take for a car order to be delivered to the end customer? Generally between one and three months, and that's with all the extras you can ask for, and it's a whole car we're talking about, right? There is almost nothing that cannot be achieved if a company is willing to invest more money to keep their customers from having to go back repeat times to the dealer
No matter what you say, it is perfectly legitimate to feel cheated because of the reasons above. I am never saying that Audis are ***, which they are not, but the front arm design and/or materials of the B5s were and whoever fails to admit that is not worth of my credibility, period.
To those who said I should buy a cheaper car, well, money is not the real problem, it is legitimacy that's at stake, you see?
And no, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I'm simply making the facts clear, because while the car is still a much better car than many, it comes as a bit of a disappointing thing to see that they are not backing up their customers as they should.