Hard Starting 2000 A6

Hi all, I have a 2000 A6 2.8 quattro that after sitting for a week or two and having the temperature change by 20 or more degrees F will not start.
I cannot get it started until I disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes. Anyone have a better way of starting the thing? Do I have a sensor that has gone bad?
Thanks, Michelle

how does it start with the battery disconnected........OK we did assume you reconnect it.
when the battery is disconnected the ECU is reset to default so it could be a sensor reading problem. You may need a diagnostics check to find out which one.
Harry wrote:

I guess I will have to have the shop search for the problem. Thanks, Michelle