Help - 2005 S4 Cabriolet "B" designation

Can someone educate me on the "B" designation for my 2005 S4 Cabriolet? I think it is B6 but am not sure.

Thanks Ramzi

Reply to
Ramzi Nassar

It's just a designation of the current production platform on which it's built. The current A4/S4 platform is a B6 (also known as 8E). The previous one was a B5 (from 1995 to 2001), and the next one after that when a major redesign comes around will be a B7, and that's just around the block...

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete